Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Ole Miss vs Idaho

Last night Ole Miss played Idaho in Oxford. I found myself wishing my daddy was alive to see it. Not because Ole Miss won so handily, but because one of his lifelong dreams was to visit Idaho. He saw this movie titled Idaho starring Roy Rogers back in the 40's. He may have seen it while he was in the army, but whenever, he talked about it all the time. In fact, when I was called in to his hospital bed for a final visit, he expressed as one of his regrets in life that he had not been able to visit that state. When I say Idaho on the Ole Miss schedule I actually ordered a copy of the movie. Dorothy and I sat down with our popcorn and soda to watch and I was surprised that the movie was in black and white. My daddy had been so impressed with a Roy Rogers, non-color movie that he held as one of his goals in life a visit to that state until his dying day. I have added a trip to Idaho to my bucket list. I feel I owe that much to daddy.



Tales of Harper, short stories and poems about the fictional town of Harper, Mississippi is available on Amazon Kindle

No comments:

Post a Comment