Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Future Posts

I reckon it'd be a good time to tell y'all what I want to talk about in the next few weeks. Hollis is gonna take a trip, so I don't want to get started on anything real big right now. Maybe next I'll tell about going to New Orleans a few years back. That was when my cousin Wilkie Whitmire was in the hospital down there. And I want to tell you about my niece's big Christmas party last year. I hope y'all like all them stories.
I guess you can tell from what I told y'all so far, I ain't normal. I mean ordinary. Like, and I hate to tell this, I watch Oprah. Almost every day. Trixie got me started. Her big dream was to go to Chicago and see Oprah in person. Oprah is from Mississippi you know. And I listen to opera music. I don't understand much about it, but it was always playing in the front room in our house. My daddy. When he was a young man he worked in New Orleans and lived with an Italian family. Hollis can tell you the name of them opera writers whose music I listen to. Now I listen to that other opera too, the grand ole one. My mamma. It was always playing in the kitchen. So when I stood in the middle of the house it was quite a sound.

Hollis: I have been invited, by my ex-girlfriend, to spend the weekend with her on Saint Simons Island, Ga. Her parents have a house there. Right on the Atlantic Ocean. I am picking her up in Jackson and we are driving to Atlanta where she is from. The next morning the two of us will go to Saint Simons. This may be a big break for me. Keep your fingers crossed.
I am taking my laptop and notes from Uncle Harvey Lee, but I may not be posting as regularly as I usually do. Please check every day. I will do my best.

No comments:

Post a Comment