Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Wilkie Strikes Back

The story didn't end with Wilkie getting well and all that. The next winter on a particularly cold night Dr. Biltwright called Wilkie up. Now I don't know if I told y'all but Wilkie was real good at plumbing too. And Dr. Biltwright had a plumbing problem. They was out at his house on the river and it had only one bathroom and the water closet was real stopped up. They was out there because they had just had their house painted and Mrs. Dr. Biltwright couldn't abide the smell of the new paint. Well, Wilkie told him--don't y'all get ahead of me now--just to drops a couple of aspirin in it and call him in the morning if it warn't unstopped. People tell me they read that same story in Reader's Digest. Well I did too. But I read it several years after it happened to Wilkie. I'll tell a little more about Wilkie and Betty Faye Whitmire tomorrow.

Hollis: One of my little fun things is to think up funny names and how they relate to the person bearing that name. Each night I plan to send a couple your way. Some are easy to figure out. Others require a little thought.
Bill Board is a show off.
Amanda Love is still looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment