Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Friday, October 29, 2010

Sheriff's Siren

I reckon tonight is good a time as any to tell y'all about the murder we had here in Harper. It was a cold night I think one night after Christmas just after the war was over. Me and grandpa and grandma and my momma was sitting around by the fire. We was busy digesting the good leftovers from Christmas. Y'all know how good Christmas leftover is. All of a sudden we heard this loud siren howling past our house. It was heading toward the east side of the lake where all the doctors and lawyers lived back then. Now they all moved out close to the state park. We said amongst ourselves that it must be some kind of medical emergency. We never dreamed it was a murder.
Tomorrow: Silas becomes Silent

Note from Hollis: I have added a page view counter in the right margin. That way you can keep up with how many of you have dropped in on Uncle Harvey Lee. I can't tell you how excited he gets when I give him the numbers.

Hollis' funny names:
Allie Katz is on the prowl
Betty Wynns is optimistic

2 comments:

  1. Hollis, we had a lawyer here in town named Katt, and he actually named his daughter Allie. That's one mean dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Used to be a lawyer in Ashland, Oregon named Harry Kerry and I had an aunt named Kitty Katz.

    ReplyDelete