Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Friday, October 8, 2010

More About the Catfish

Everything was peaceful on the lake when grandpa felt a pull on his line. Well, it was more than a pull it was an outright yank. Grandpa grabbed hold of his pole with both hands and yelled out so loud he woke Millwood up. Millwood and his wife had moved to town about ten years before all this happened and that was alright back then. They needed the people. But now we got more'n 600 citizens and that's enough. The other day I was sitting whittling, minding my own business when this stranger come up and started asking questions about the town. And then he asked if I had lived here all my life. You know what I told him? I said not yet. He thought that was kinda funny, but I warn't trying to be funny. I just don't like it when people ask stupid questions. Then he asked me what people were like around her. I threw it right back to him. I asked what people were like where he lived. He told me they was awful and he was trying to get away from there. And I told him they were exactly the same here. He kinda huffed off, but I didn't care. Yeah, back when Millwood come over here that was alright. Oh, Millwood and grandpa. They both knew there was a big, I mean real big, fish on the line. Grandpa yelled out, his pole was gonna break and that's when Millwood took things into his own hands.

Hollis: I'll try to finish tomorrow. It's not as easy as you might think.

No comments:

Post a Comment