Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Monday, October 4, 2010

Phone Calls from Trixie

Well like I said warn't no more than a year fore Trixie started calling me. She said she made a mistake and wanted to come back to Harper. I told her it warn't a good idea cause even if I could dig way down deep in my heart and forgive her, the folks of Harper ain't gonna be that easy. She kept calling for many months and then she quit. Ain't heard from her since.
Now when I look back on it, my religion was always taken from what my wives did. Like with Bethel I was a real good Baptist and with Mary Kate I was a right regular Catholic and with Trixie I went to all them tent meetings and revivals. Now I'm just a plain Christian. It makes me sad to go into a church. I'm working on it and one day I expect I'll end up back at the Harper Baptist Church, but now I spend a lot of time sitting by the lake. I read Bible verses there and sing hymns kinda low like. There ain't no place to find  the glory of the Lord like sitting by Harper Lake with a soft breeze wiping across your face. Soaking up the sun or appreciating the rain accompanied by the soft hum of the power plant.

Hollis now reading: The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment