Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Sunday, October 3, 2010

My Life Without Trixie

I don't know if y'all ever felt like this, but I just couldn't decide if I missed Trixie or not. Most of me was kinda happy she warn't around no more, but a little piece of me missed her. Missed her pretty eyes and her pretty hair. She had this big mole on her nose, but you kinda got used to that. Well now that mole was wandering all over Texas with that tent preacher. I made myself think about all the things about Trixie that just got under my skin. Things I never would have considered when she was with me. Like how she warn't even really named Trixie. She was really Norma Faye. Guess I shouldn't make too much of her name change since I was really named Lee Harvey Whitmire. But after November 1963 I changed that. Trixie didn't really have blonde hair, just bottles of stuff to turn it.  And she was always needing new clothes. Well since she rededicated her life to that tent preacher, he would have to use some of his collections on her.  She hadn't been gone more'n a year or so when she started calling me telling me how she had made a mistake and wanted to come back. Tomorrow I'll tell you what I told her.

No comments:

Post a Comment