Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Thursday, October 28, 2010

How Harper Started to Change

I was out fishing today with Brother Harley Hardison, the new preacher at the Harper Lake Baptist Church. Now, the one me and Bethel went to was the Harper Baptist Church. Theys different. Brother Harley has been after me to come to his church. I told him to stand in line cause they trying to get me to both them churches and Father O'Doole is working real hard to get me to come back to his church and become a full fledged Catholic.
I was just thinking how peaceful it was out on the lake. Just me and the preacher and the blue sky and gentle breeze and of course the hum of the power plant singing to us. It's peaceful but not like it used to be. That murder we had back in 1946 sorta started things going down. Back then we might drink a beer now and then and even drink something out of a brown paper bag, but now I hear about some of our young people sticking needles in they arms and taking pills along with they drink. Yeah, I think that murder was the beginning of it all.

Tomorrow: Sheriff's siren

Hollis' funny names:
Frank Lee tells it like it is
Hallie Towes' sis has bad breath (sorry)

No comments:

Post a Comment