Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Thursday, August 15, 2013

A Morning on the Lake

Me and my friend Willie (we've been friends since we were three years old) went out on the lake today for a little fishing. It was a little cloudy and not as hot as it has been. We were prepared for the heat with our straw hats and sunscreen. Of course Willie does not have to worry about getting sunburn as much as I do, but both our wives insist we use the skin protectant. Yesterday I got two old plastic milk jugs and filled them about 80% full with pure well water. I stuck them in the freezer and let them freeze overnight. That way we had cold water all morning. I ain't gonna say much about the fishing because that wasn't the main enjoyment of the day. Just getting together and talking and teasing each other was the thing that kept us happy. Yeah, me and Willie go way back. We made an agreement years ago that we would not let any of the racial strife that affected our country get in the way of our friendship. And we haven 't.


No comments:

Post a Comment