Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Friday, August 23, 2013

Fisherman

Geezer Johnston just rode by on his old bicycle on the way to his favorite fishing spot on the lake. His fishing rod stuck up in the air like a radio antenna on a police car. One thing I always notice about him is the smile he seems to have tattooed on his face. He is eternally happy. Geezer whose real name is Seymore retired from his law office a few years ago. He was once the mayor of Harper, state representative, candidate for governor (he lost by less than a thousand votes), and county judge. Now he is just a fisherman.


Tales of Harper, short stories and poems about the fictional town of Harper, Mississippi is available on Amazon Kindle

1 comment:

  1. I bet he is smiling.My mom was going to giveaway my dad's pole that I remember using in the surf since I was a little girl. I couldn't bear it. I want to have it propped up against the wall in my office.

    ReplyDelete