Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Sunday, December 9, 2012

A Little Trip to the Past

You know how you always hear peoples talking about the good old days? They is always wishing they could go back to the way things was. I reckon if by some magic that come about they would be real sorry. I reckon what they wants is just the good parts and the good parts is what they mostly remember. Last week me and Dorothy taken a little trip and got to see some peoples travel back a few year to the past. They has this place about fifty mile from here where once a year they bring out this old steam locomotive and let you take a ride down these track what ain't used no more. It's only a fifteen mile trip and the scenery ain't too much to look at, but if you put your mind just right you can actually feel like you have skipped about fifty year and are back where you was when you was a youngster. About half way on the trip the train stops, right in the middle of nowhere, and ever body gets off. Peoples bring out their cameras and sound equipment and the train backs up almost out of sight and then comes roaring past the crowd. I reckon for a couple of minutes we is all back yonder when this kind of train were all we had. I know I felt that way, particularly when I got a cinder or two in my eyes. I reckon them what taken pictures and made sound records will be able to do this when they wants, sorta.
Train located at railroad museum in McComb, Mississippi.

No comments:

Post a Comment