Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Friday, December 21, 2012

Sourpuss Nuttles

We got this man what are named Billy Ray Nuttles, but he are known by Sourpuss Nuttles 'cause he never does smile. Over the years I has tried and tried to get him happy with a joke or with just a friendly smile. Nothing never worked except one time when I got this idea about how to get him to brighten up. I were driving some nails into a fence post and Sourpuss were just standing there complaining about something what warn't right in his life. All a sudden I slammed the hammer up against the post and made out like I hit my thumb. I yelled and screamed up a storm and Sourpuss commenced to laughing and he almost passed out he were so excited about my great misery. I run up to the house and come out with this extra large bandage on my fake thumb injury and Sourpuss started up his laughing again. And I made it a point to run into old Sourpuss as much as I could over the next few days and ever time I did he fell out with laughing. After about a week I come up to him and pulled the bandage off to show him I were just fooling. Boy did he get mad. I told him it were just a joke and he said I warn't least bit funny and I were a liar to boot. I reckon he were right, but I still got him to laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment