Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Old Bridges

They replacing a old bridge what runs over Harper Creek. A lot of folks is glad they doing this 'cause the old bridge shakes, rattles, and quakes when you drives over it. It's almost like playing Russian roulette except I reckon with more bullets. Some peoples wants them just to patch up the old bridge. They're the ones what likes to cling to the past. The ones what designs roads and bridges and things has learned how to make them better and cheaper to build. I reckon they teaches this kind of thing in college. I figure there are a middle ground in all this. I mean they can give us a safe new bridge and give us one what looks something like the old one; as long as it don't cost a arm and a leg to do it. I say when a fellow throws something out he better be real sure that what's replacing it are accommodatingly good. They formed a committee to figure all this out, but they been working on it for such a long time that sooner or later they just gonna have to build something before the old one falls apart. I ain't never been asked to be on one of these committees. Dorothy tells me, with a little giggle, if I thinks real hard I can figure out why.

No comments:

Post a Comment