Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Doreen's New Husband

Like I told y'all my daughter Doreen are a new person. She got rid of all that black nail polish and dark lipstick and she landed a new husband, number three. The first one were bad to gamble and the second were bad to drink, or it may be the other way 'round. Any who they was both bad to something what were bad. This new guy, name of Herbert Hooper, seems like a real good person. He ain't a big fellow but he looks like he eats right and exercises a right smart. Herbert, Doreen calls him Herbie, are what they calls a motor-vational speaker. He goes 'round to schools and civic clubs and revs the peoples up. I think that's where the "motor" in motor-vational come from. He were talking to me and he said the troubles is that where we all has got iphones, ipods, and ipads, all we really needs is a I can. At first I though he were talking about a can like Campbell's Tomato Soup come in, but I figured it out. What he means is "I can do it" or "You can do it if you tries hard enough. The trouble are you can't get a "I can" for Christmas. I reckon you could give one to yourself for New Years if you was a mind to.

No comments:

Post a Comment