Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Firewood

They is predicting a cool, rainy day for Christmas. The high temperature are scheduled for 67 degree fair and height. We was hoping for a cooler, clearer day for the twenty-fifth so we could build a fire in the fireplace. That'd make the Christmas Spirit a little brighter, doncha know? I been accumulating wood for the last month. I takes a lot of wood 'cause we has mostly pine trees and pine burns up real fast. Reminds me of a story what has been going around here about the Whipsnout brothers, Amos Glen and Arthur Dean. They was living over in Jumpsville and was needing work. So when they went in to the unemployment place they was asked what kind of work they could handle. Amos Glen said he were real good at woodchopping and Arthur Dean claimed to be a pilot. "What kind of plane do you fly asked  the woman." "Oh, I ain't never been up in the air atall. What I mean is Amos Glen chops the wood and I'm the one what pile it.


No comments:

Post a Comment