Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Look Out, Old Folks

Yesterday I heard a report on the TV what said old folks is not as good at spotting crooks as they was when they were young. This ain't nothing new. Years ago old man Moody Manninghead wanted to find a shortcut way to make up him not reading books when he were young. A fellow come through town selling a Read While You Sleep program and sold Moody a kit what contained earphones and eight track tapes which are what we had back then. Now Moody were told by this man that a real good book to start with were called War and Peace what were long and complicated. This is what Moody picked out and he started sleeping with his earphones on and the eight track just a playing, doncha know? I run into him down at the Pic-and-Pack store and asked him how it were going. I were just a young man at the time. He said he thought it were going pretty good, so I asked him to tell me a little about War and Peace and he said, "It's a real good book, I think it's about Russia."

No comments:

Post a Comment