Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Coinkydink

I were sitting in my fishing cabin trying to figure out what to tell Trixie when I called her and then a coinkydink happened. I don't know if peoples still calls it a coinkydink when you thinking about somebody and right then they calls you, but that's what we used to call it. Trixie called from Texas and didn't beat around the bush; she come right out and asked me if she could move back in with me. I knew she were broke or she wouldn't have called. So I jumped right on it and told her I was working with a lawyer to get a divorce ASAP. You ain't never heard such wailing in your life. But I calmed her right down by asking her what it would take to make her happy. She said to move back and I said I were talking money; like how much it would take to get her off my back once and for all. It didn't take her too long to tell me she would settle for $200,000. I told her I would do it but she could never call me no more. She said okay but she didn't understand how I could let her go. Ever body loves a Texas girl she said. I said I promised to love her as long as she stayed in Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment