Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Mississippi in the Park

Today we went to Mississippi in the Park. It were about as good as good can get. Fifteen different Mississippi colleges had little tents set up so you could stop by and get fans, pens, and buttons for their school. I stopped by all of 'em and met at least one somebody from each college. They was all friendly like you'd expect somebody from Mississippi to be. Then I went through the line and got a real good catfish dinner. At the end of the line they had sweet tea, cokes, cookies, and delicious caramel cake. It were all good. I seen some peoples I already knowed and met some new ones. Hollis, who y'all know wants to be a writer, met a fellow what writes scientific fiction. They talked for a long time. I met a guy from Harper I hadn't seen in years. He growed up about 3 blocks from where I growed up. His granddaddy were a engineer on the railroad. We had a lot to talk about. I met the head of the Ole Miss in Georgia bunch and y'all know what, he were a general in the army. He and all of 'em had ever thing set up and running just right. All in all it were a great day. I forgot to mention they had three bands playing, not all at once, but one by one and they was all real good. Next year plan ahead and come.

No comments:

Post a Comment