Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Divorce

They was playing that Tammy Wynett song DIVORCE on the jukebox at Dorothy's Cafe this morning. They ain't changed the records in years if they ever did. But listening to that music and looking at Dorothy, it come to my mind that I might ought to get divorced from Trixie. She run off with that tent preacher at least ten years ago. She says she don't want no divorce but she ain't coming back to live with me neither. I wouldn't let her is she wanted to. So after I finished my eggs, grits, bacon, and hot cakes and drinked about five cups of coffee, I got in my truck and headed to Wampole Wiggins office. He are a lawyer. The kind what writes wills and gets people divorced. I told him what I wanted and he said it warn't no problem. The fee were $250.00 to get the ball rolling and more later. I reckon I don't care what it costs if I can get rid of Trixie once and for all. Now I got to call her and listen to her weep and wail about how sorry she are and how she's so ashamed she done me wrong. I has heard all this before.


Tomorrow:
A Talk With Trixie

No comments:

Post a Comment