Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Friday, June 3, 2011

My Offer for Dorothy

My Fishing Cabin  

Since her mama passed away, Dorothy have been living in her home all by herself. As y'all know if you been following all my ramblings, me and Dorothy is real good friends. We go places together and I eat most all my meals at Dorothy's Cafe. And she helps me keep the big house up by getting some of her cafe peoples to come over and clean and wash clothes and such. I told Dorothy she could come and live in the big house and run it from there. There wouldn't be no rent or nothing. And I would stay at my cabin where I spend a lot of time anyway. But Dorothy said it wouldn't be seemly for her to live in a man's house what she warn't married to. I tried to tell her I wouldn't be there, but it warn't no use. I ain't prepared to ask her to marry me and I ain't sure she would say yes to that anyway. As y'all know I been married three times; buried two of 'em and the third run off with a tent preacher. So you can see I ain't got no business marrying anybody else. Beside I don't think I am officially divorced from Trixie, the third wife. If I was to ask somebody else it would be Dorothy. She would be my only choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment