Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Overhead Bridge

When I were just a boy I got me a job mowing lawns on Saturdays. It were hard because in the summer grass growed real fast and needed to be cut at least twice a week. So once a week cutting were tough. I used a push mower and it would get clogged up especially when the grass were wet which were a lot of the time. Even if it warn't raining the dew were bad until late in the morning. The man I mowed for most of the time were named Mr. Hough (sounds like Huff.) He were hard to please and would check my work real careful before he paid me. When I got through I walked across the bridge what run over the railroad tracks to Gillis Drug Store where I got me a milk shake and a ham and cheese sandwich. When I would get to the drug store I were real hot and sweaty. They had a powerful air conditioning machine and when I walked in out of the hot the cold air almost knocked me over. But it were good after a few seconds. After I filled up on the milk shake and sandwich. I went to the movies. So much for my mowing money.
Tomorrow me and Hollis and his girlfriend leave for Atlanta.

Reminder: Mississippi in the Park - Chastain Park - Atlanta - Saturday, June 25 - 10:30AM to 3:30PM
                  www.mssocietyofga.org    Check it out

No comments:

Post a Comment