Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Harley Creek Echo Cave

I reckon I ought not to put Harley Creek Cave on my list of the Seven Wonders of Southwest Mississippi.
For a couple of reasons: not many peoples here has ever seen it and ain't nobody probably gonna take you there. The cave is around a curve in the creek and the only way I know to get there is in a boat. In the summer ever time I ever been there I ain't even been able to get close. They has willow trees all around the hole what goes into the cave and them trees is filled with snakes. Water moccasins. And y'all probably know they is poison. I do go out there a lot in the winter; me and Willie that is. We just like a couple of kids because when we get close to the cave mouth, we sing into it. It's kinda like one of them Cary O'Kee
machines they got down at the Dew Drop Inn. The sound what come back is pure and clean, a lot better than what come out of my mouth in the shower. Maked me sound like Frank Sinatra.
Tomorrow:
The Seventh Wonder (ain't no place though)

No comments:

Post a Comment