Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Monday, June 13, 2011

Was My Wives Editors

Like I said last night, Hollis are in Atlanta meeting with a editor for some of his writing. This got me to thinking about what I would've turned out to be if it warn't for my wives. I reckon they was sorta like editors. Bethel, my first wife were a good editor, but she done it without saying too much. She would just kinda shake her head or take me by the arm and lead me away from some mess I were getting myself into. Mary Kate, wife number two, were a little more talkative. She would tell me what I were doing wrong. A lot. She were the Catholic wife and had been brought up kinda straight and narrow if you know what I'm talking about. She taught me a lot. Maybe that's why I stayed single so long after she got hit by that streetcar in New Orleans. Now, Trixie, wife number three, didn't do much editing. She would just laugh at me if I screwed up. I figure that may be a kind of editing too 'cause it made me not want to do any more what I done to make her laugh.
Hadn't heard from Hollis today. Reckon he'll call tomorrow. That boy really does look out for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment