Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Home in Harper Again

This is post number 302; thinking about stopping at 365 and devoting my time to fishing.

We pulled into Harper about 5 o'clock this afternoon. I had a wonderful time in Atlanta but I have to tell you it's good to be back home. This year I been to England, Florida, Colorado, and Atlanta (a couple of times.) I ain't gonna even count trips to New Orleans and Jackson cause I do that for shopping purposes all the time. Now I don't reckon I care if I don't wander around no more for a while. Me and Willie gotta catch up on our fishing and I got some work to do around the big house regarding a fence and a few dead tree limbs what's getting a little dangerous. Need to relax with my whittling and Aunt Gladys McIntyre wants me to make her a little metal monkey to hang on a low lying limb on that pin oak in her front yard. And above all I got to figure on how to get Dorothy to move into the big house and keep it up for me. That's gonna be the toughest job I got ahead of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment