Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Last Day at Bud's Barber Shop

Today Bud, the barber, messed up his last head of hair. Bud used to be a excellent barber until he got all shaky and had troubles holding up the clippers. When we was little our mamas made us go to see Bud ever Saturday. We had to be ready for Sunday School and Church, don't you know. Today peoples don't go to the barber but about once a month. I cuts my own hair. I use what I call the feel method. Sitting on the porch of my cabin, I takes some special scissors I got and cuts away until it feels right. Been doing that for years and nobody's said nothing about it. Probably it looks better than what they been getting done to their hair at Buds. If I had the time I could teach peoples how to use the feel technique and save them a lot of  money. Of course they'd have to get their news somewhere else and they shouldn't take that "news" for information nohow. Bud's gonna go live at The Shady Acres retirement home in the next county. I reckon I'll drop in on him ever so often.

No comments:

Post a Comment