Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Friday, August 19, 2011

Chopping Block

One of the things what Dorothy wanted moved to the big house were a enormous chopping block. It warn't all that big, but it were unhandy and weighed about as much as one of the big hogs out at Westminster Jenkins' farm. It were about as unhandy to carry as one of them pigs too. Me and Willie had it all to ourself and we was up to the job. Sorta. It taken us several tries before we got it up the stairs and into the back door. Then Willie brung out these little plastic thing what we put under each leg and it slud just as easy as pie. When we got it where Dorothy wanted it, right in the middle of the kitchen, we took them plastic movers out and the job were done. We both taken out our handkerchiefs and wipe our brows. Willie said that block should be called "death in a table." I think he were right. Then Willie started teasing me some. He claimed that my head were soon gonna be on that chopping block, talking about me getting hitched and all. It didn't bother me none 'cause that's just the way me and Willie is and always has been. You know, teasing one another and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment