Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Monday, August 15, 2011

Divorce

I reckon y'all know that old Tammy Wynette song D I V O R C E . Well I could add a new verse with the letters: T R I X I E in there 'cause me and Trixie is finally no longer a couple. It taken me a long time 'cause Trixie were so hard to get a hold of. I reckon I ought to feel a little guilty (but I don't) 'cause I sorta tricked her into coming to Harper. I told her I got some good news from the bank and she needed to come over to sign some papers. She were all into that. It taken her eighteen hours to get her, all the way from Waco, Texas. I warn't lying completely 'cause the bank did tell me that me and Dorothy together would save some money on our taxes when we was hitched. And I did give Trixie a couple a' thousand dollars for making the trip. That really taken the sting off it. Of course, I had to tell her I warn't gonna give you no more money in the future. I told her she would have to ask Dorothy. I know she ain't gonna do that.


No comments:

Post a Comment