Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Friday, August 26, 2011

Methodist

My first wife, Bethel, were a Baptist; so I become a Baptist. My second wife, Mary Kate, were a Catholic, so I become a Catholic. Trixie, my third wife, were the one what went just to revivals, so we was always going to different churches or in one case a tent. So I guess I ain't been nothing since Mary Kate. Dorothy are a Methodist. And I reckon I am too. That's kinda the way it works around here; a man becomes what his wife is, as far as churches go. I like the Methodist minister, Rev. Hershall Holliday. He is a good preacher and tells it like it is. I don't reckon I'm gonna mind being a Methodist. Tomorrow me and Dorothy get married out on the lake. The wedding's gonna take place at 6PM when it gets a little cooler. On Sunday Hollis will print the report from the Harper Bee, our newspaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment