Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Water

Me and Dorothy were down at CheapMart the other day and I couldn't help but notice all the bottles of water they had for sale. They has all sizes and peoples is walking around with these bottles of water drinking out on 'em all day. Now I ain't never paid no money for water in my life. When you grow up on a spring fed lake and has springs all over your property there just ain't no need to pay for something what comes to you free. Years ago my granddaddy come up with the idea of putting a four inch pipe down in one of the best springs and water shoots out from that pipe all day long. We use a well for water for the
house but I comes down at least once a day to this pipe and fills up buckets and gallon jugs with some of the best water you ever seen. Word got out that this spring water could cure all kinds of things and I was always getting requests for sick folks to come down and get some. It got to be more than I could deal with so I come up with this idea to charge (not to make money, but to run people off.) Peoples begged so much for free water that I let one person come on ever few days and haul water out for the others. They had to promise they wouldn't charge. Of course I quit charging too since this kept 'em off my property for the most part. Willie and his kids can come anytime they want to. They come across the back way since our property is joined up, don't you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment