Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Monday, August 8, 2011

Oil Money

I reckon y'all been keeping up with the news--all this economy stuff. They say on the news that oil prices is going down. I figure that will hurt me some, but I ain't too worried. I have enough to last me the rest of my life anyway you look at it. I don't need too much and always has a lot left over. The only thing what bothers me is I may not have enough to donate to some of the peoples what needs it so bad. One of the places I been trying to help is a place in Atlanta what takes in unwed, pregnant teenagers. They give them a good home to live in, help them finish up their education, and provide guidance and support once the babies is born. Now they is trying to build a bigger house so they can help more girls. I reckon one of the reasons I got interested in this place is because of my second son Jack. He's the one what had two girls in trouble at the same time. Now he lives around San Francisco and has a real nice family. He taken care of both children and I helped too. Both boys is real successful and is finished college. Jack come back to Harper last year and went to visit both of 'em. I reckon he would have married one of the young girls back then, but I wouldn't let him do a coin toss. This wadd'n no football game.
I ain't trying to get peoples to donate, myself, but if anybody wants to they can find out from me where to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment