Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Dorothy Gives Trixie What For

I ain't never claimed Trixie had all her chickens in the coop, but she warn't what you might call dumb. Or so I thought. She made a big, bad mistake when she decided to take a meal at Dorothy's Cafe. At first Dorothy warn't going to say nothing, she were just gonna serve Trixie her Chicken Fried Steak with garlic mashed potatoes and snow peas. But Trixie, who had heard a little about me and Dorothy spending time together, just couldn't keep her mouth shut. She told Dorothy that I still was crazy about her and she figured I would soon be begging her to come back and live with me in the big house. Well that warn't a good thing to say. Dorothy got one of them styraphone boxes and walked over to Trixie's table and commenced to dump everything off Trixie's plate in to the styraphone and wrote on it with a magical marker these words: For Take Out Only--Now And Forevermore. Trixie jumped up and started to complain, but them that seen it said Dorothy was standing over Trixie and looked about eight feet tall to Trixie's five foot four. I expect Trixie to be leaving soon.
Tomorrow: Dorothy

1 comment:

  1. This makes me want to go get some good Chicken Fried Steak. At a place where they call it Chicken-Fried...not Country Fried. That bugs me. Though technically there is a difference. But I've forgotten what it was.

    ReplyDelete