Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Me and Willie Go Fishing

Me and Willie ain't got together to fish in about a month, what with me going to England and the weather and all. Well, this morning I got up about 5 o'clock and met Willie at Dorothy's Cafe around 6:15. She was already jumping around the kitchen making up stuff. Soon as we sat down, here she come with our coffee and right after that she brung me my pancakes with real butter and molasses and a side of bacon. She brung Willie his three eggs over easy, sausage patties, cheese grits, biscuits, real butter, and molasses. She already knowed what we wanted. After we ate, we took out down to the lake and set out in Willie's boat for a day of fun and fishing. Me and Willie don't talk much politics because neither one of us believes in either party.
We was funning around one day and decided we belonged to the LUA party. That stands for Leave Us Alone. Both of us feels we have done real good as long as the government stayed out of our way. Of course, I do get my oil money, but Willie has sent all his kids through college and they all doing just fine.
A lot of them got scholarships because they was good in sports or other things, but anyhow they all finished up and is doing good. Willie and me was laughing about that fellow what asked me what I stood for. I'm gonna tell about that tomorrow. We caught a mess of fish and had a real great day.
Tomorrow: Harvey Lee Takes a Stand (sorta)

No comments:

Post a Comment