Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Saturday, February 12, 2011

I Solve the Plowing Problem

After them Jackson's told me they warn't gonna plow my little space for a garden; I come home, hitched up my old mule, and taken the job of plowing upon myself. It didn't take but a piece of the afternoon including the hitching and unhitching of my mule. I come in and ate me a big supper what Dorothy sent over from her cafe, read a little out of the King James Bible, and got me a real good night's sleep. The next morning I got in my truck and drove down to Harper Bank and Trust and writ me a check for one-hundred dollars which I put in my savings account. That was the best money I ever earned, or spent. I want all y'all to know I don't care if Jasper Jackson and his family don't want to work. I just don't want to be paying nothing toward them not working.
Tomorrow: Dorothy's Mama Takes for the Worse

No comments:

Post a Comment