Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Dorothy Sticks by Me

Somebody wrote a comment to me saying that Dorothy seems like a real good woman. I'm gonna have to tell you that is right. Back when my first wife Bethel was so sick, Dorothy brought meals over everyday from her mama's cafe. She warn't no more than about twelve years old then, but she showed up right regular. And after Bethel died Dorothy was right there giving me hugs and telling me everything was gonna be okay. And when my second wife got hit by that street car in New Orleans, it was Dorothy who come over and stayed with my kids while I was seeing to things. Even years later when Trixie run off with that tent preacher, Dorothy was there for me, telling me it were okay and I would be better off without Trixie in my hair. And now me and Dorothy is still best friends. She sees to it I got food and makes sure somebody comes over and keeps the big house clean. Somebody told me one time I better watch out cause Dorothy was just out to get my oil money. I almost punched 'em in the nose. If it had been a man I woulda too. But I just told that ole busy body, I just soon have my money go to Dorothy as anybody in the world, besides Dorothy just ain't in to money and all the things money could buy. She just ain't that way.
Tomorrow: Hollis and Me Go Over Our Trip

From Hollis:
Uncle Harvey Lee want to thank the person who commented on the Chicken Fried Steak and the difference in that and Country Fried Steak. He don't know the difference, but with Dorothy's permission, we are going to post some of Dorothy's famous recipes over the next few months. He hopes you all will enjoy them.

No comments:

Post a Comment