Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Me and Hollis Talk About England

Hollis come over today and me and him went over our trip to England. I had to thank him for keeping after me till I finally went. He asked me if I wanted to go other places with him and I said I didn't reckon I needed to go no place right now. But I will probably be more apt to travel since I found out how much I can learn just from taking a trip. Even after I got back I was still learning. Y'all know I dropped out of school in grade seven and a half, so I missed a lot of stuff. Well, Hollis told me that when I heard that tour guide tell the story of Henry D Yates and his wife Anbow Lynn; she was really saying Henry the Eighth and his wife Anne Bullen (that's the way Shakespeare spelled it.) That's alright. I don't mind being ignorant, cause that just means it's just something you ain't learned yet; being stupid means you probably ain't never gonna learn it. We went over our good times: on the Isle of Wight, Rye, Oxford, Dover, Stonehenge, and all them other places including London. I been telling Dorothy about it and she said she wanted me to take her since I knew my way around so good. I didn't tell her about getting lost in London and having to get that nice lady from Dublin, Georgia, who was over there buying a dining room table, to show me the way to go home.
Tomorrow: Me and Willie Go Fishing

1 comment:

  1. Until I was in high school I thought it was Henry the Ape. NO JOKE. So me and Harvey Lee have that in common. We've just got Direct TV and my husband and I have gotten hooked on The Tudors. I tell you..that Henry really was quite apish. (among other things.)

    ReplyDelete