Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Harvey Lee Takes a Stand (sorta)

A fellow asked me something the other day what's been bothering me ever since. He said he had heard a whole bunch of my stories over the years and he couldn't figure out what I stood for. Well, I told him I didn't stand for nothing much outside of the National Anthem and when the preacher told me to. He said naw, naw, naw, what I want to know is if you is a Democrat or a Republican. You shoulda seen the look on his face when I told him I warn't neither. He said you got to be one or the other cause ever body else is.
And I said didn't matter to me, I warn't neither one. Now, I do vote, but ain't nobody gonna know who or what I vote for. I will say that I votes for whoever or whatever I feel like is gonna leave me alone. I heard in a speech one time a fellow said, "The ten most feared words in the American language is: I'm from the government and I'm here to help you." Now that's something I believes in. And so does Willie.
Tomorrow: The Man with the War on Poverty

No comments:

Post a Comment