Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Monday, February 7, 2011

Fun, Fun, Fun

Like I said, I ain't give a lot of parties in my life. Hollis and Dorothy really did most of the work. I just greeted the peoples and took their coats and stuff (it's real cold here right now.) Hollis brung in a giant TV, I think it was 60 something inches. The picture was clear as could be and it looked like them Packers and Steelers was running right out of that screen and into my house. While me and Hollis was in England, Dorothy and Willie's wife come over and turned one of the rooms on the back of the house into what they call the den. It has a big fireplace and a bunch of windows looking right out on the lake. We had four or five kinds of beer for them that drinks it and it was alright to bring a bottle of hard stuff if you wanted to go out on the back porch and mix a drink or just take a snort. I don't drink none of that stuff. You can read back where I come home from Korea drinking and mistreating my sweet wife and kids, if you want to. Dorothy made her special chili and had green onions, sour cream, a mix of cheeses, and avocado to go in it. She made her special cole slaw. Some of the guests brung a bunch of different kinds of dips with several kinds of chips and sliced up vegetables. And best of all Hollis brung over his green egg and starting early in the day, made up a fine bar-b-que pork. Dorothy had made her real good sauce. One of the peoples brung over a chocolate brownie dish. We ate and cheered till we was pure wore out. In case y'all don't know the Green Bay Packers won. But it didn't matter to me, we was having so much fun.
Tomorrow: Me and Hollis Talk About England

No comments:

Post a Comment