Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Jackson

Another place we went a lot on the train was Jackson. It's the state capital and we had to go there to see the doctor for my little brother. He had asthma back then. They said he'd out grow it and he did. The doctor we went to with him was in a big old house on State Street. I went with them back then because I liked to eat at the Mayflower. Ever now and then we would spend the night. We stayed at the Heidelberg Hotel on Capitol. They done tore it down now all 15 or 20 stories. Seems a shame to me cause we had such a good time staying there. We also stayed there when there was a football game in Jackson or for parades and such. I was always glad to get to go to Sears. I could have spent the whole day there. Another big thing in Jackson was the state fair. They had all kinds of rides and what my grandma and mother liked a lot was what they call the Grand Stand Show. I liked it a lot for all the dog and other animals, but not so much for the dance numbers. We all got a day off from school for the fair. It was in October and we got off whether we went or didn't. I went until I stopped school in grade seven and one-half. Then I kinda lost interest in a lot of things.
Tomorrow: The Panama Limited

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Harvey Lee for getting that Johnny Cash song stuck in my head. Might have to go find that CD. Great song.

    ReplyDelete