Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Monday, March 28, 2011

Breakfast on Saturday Morning

We all gathered at this place what gives you all you want to eat for around six dollars. They had all kinds of eggs, bacon, sausage, pan cakes, grits, potatoes (in case of Yankees), and just about anything else you might want to eat for breakfast. I was real glad to be there and was real glad to be recognized by the peoples I met last night. More hugging. One funny thing I saw: I were standing in and amongst four men and one of 'em dropped a leaflet. They just stared at each other for about twenty seconds before one of 'em got down on his knees to retrieve it. Stiff joints, don't you know. They was a lot of picture taking which brought on a lot of smiling and grinning. I couldn't get over how much these peoples liked one another. It were real inspirational. I kept thinking they must have had about as much fun in high school as it is possible for a human being to have. After ever body had finished eating, we just stood around and talked some more. More hugging.
I am gonna be sorry to see this weekend over, but they is having a shindig at the state park tonight. My cousin wants me to come. I reckon he's a little shy to go by his self. He's from Atlanta, you know.
Tomorrow: Shindig at the Park

Hollis' book read in 2010:
My Antonia - You can come home again, only it's not really there anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment