Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Sunday, March 27, 2011

The Country Club Meeting

They invited me down to the country club to a real nice dinner for the classes of '55 and '56. I think I told y'all my cousin from Atlanta had me as his guest. It were a real good get-together and ever body was talking just like they had seen each other just yesterday when it were over 50 years since some of them had talked. Pictures and old high school annuals was set outside the dining room for peoples to walk down memory lane by looking at the pictures. We all come in and found a seat. They must have had eight or more tables with each one holding about ten class members. We had fried chicken and roast plus a bunch of vegetables. For dessert they was a kind of lemon pie, brownies and other goodies. Ever body around me ate a whole bunch of food and said they usually didn't eat that much. I reckon they was telling the truth.
After the meal they had a memorial service for all the classmates who had passed on. It were a real quiet and sad bunch of folks as the names was read and a candle was lit for each of our departed. Afterward there was more talking and hugging. I was particular fond of the hugging.
Tomorrow: Breakfast and a Good Supper at the Park

Hollis' book read in 2010:
Mrs. Dalloway - All over London in a day

No comments:

Post a Comment