Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Church and the Last Lunch

Sunday morning I met my Atlanta cousin at the Baptist Church. His brother, my cousin who lives just down the road from me, teaches a Sunday school class there. Next we went to the Methodist Church where the class was meeting to worship together. During the service a cat came in and were walking right up the aisle. One of the usher mens gathered him up and took him out. I ain't been a lot to the Methodist Church, but it ain't a much different from the others.
Next we met for lunch at a local restaurant. There must have been more'n fifty peoples waiting to eat there. I ain't eat there in years, but were looking forward to it, so I waited with the group. We was finally seated at this big round table with the middle part made to turn around to present different things to eat right in front of you. When you wanted something you was supposed to take the dish off and put it between you and a person next to you. They had fried chicken, ham, beans, peas, squash, greens, fried eggplant, and a bunch of other good things to eat. I'll bet they had at least ten different desserts. Of course, they had all the sweet tea you could drink. After all we is in the South. After we was filled up we said goodbye to the classmates. I was so glad they was so nice to me and my cousin said he wouldn't take anything for coming to the reunion.
Tomorrow: Azaleas and Pretty Girls

Hollis' book read in 2010:
The Shunning - Mama don't allow no guitar playing in here

No comments:

Post a Comment