Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Dorothy Cooks Up a Storm

Dorothy got to work soon as we got home from New Orleans. The first thing she done was make what she calls a booley base. It's kinds like a soup, but it's chock full of seafood. I mean all kinds: shrimps, oysters, scallops, more'n one kind of fish. It's real spicy; some peoples think it't too hot, but they eats it anyway. I love it. Word spreads fast in Harper and when people heard we'd been to New Orleans they come arunning, They was a line out the door. Dorothy plans to serve seafood with every meal till all the fresh stuff runs out. Of course, she always has fresh catfish and fishes that me and Willie catch out of the lake. You probably know there is always a lot of other stuff besides fish. Pretty soon we gonna have pictures on the posts and then you'll see what I'm talking about.
Tomorrow: Elvis Spotting at the Piggly Wiggly.

From Hollis: Beginning tomorrow I will begin listing the book I read in 2010 along with a brief (twitter-like) description.

No comments:

Post a Comment