Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Elvis and What He Done for Harper

Back in January of 1975 a tornado come through here. It were like a two mile path what tore up that town down in the next county and then it rambled thru Harper. It knocked down a silo on my property what I lease out to Barrymore Fisher and his boy. They farm soy beans and corn and a few other vegetables. They has a few cows and a couple of horses. It didn't hurt nobody except they had a goat missing. We was all in a mess especially the ones what didn't have much money. But Elvis come down to Jackson and had a concert and give all the money to the victims. I didn't take none because of my oil money and stuff, but was glad Barrymore and them others got some. Now ever time I hear Elvis sing Dixie I can't help but get a tear in my eye.
Tomorrow: Pete Patton and the Foul Ball

Hollis' book review:
Atonement - It's never too late for atonement as long as you are a writer of fiction

No comments:

Post a Comment