Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Monday, March 21, 2011

Father Mulligan Tells How He Wants to Help

Bright and early this morning Father Mulligan showed up down at my fishing cabin with all his fishing gear. Of course he can come and fish anytime he wants to and use any of my boats or docks, but he always wants to fish when I'm around. It warn't too long before I finished my breakfast at Dorothy's Cafe and headed for the lake. It were just too nice a day to leave the fish to their own devices. We headed out in the boat and it warn't too long before Father started talking about how happy he were that Sarajean took to the Catholic church and how much he were looking forward to her return. I asked him if he were afraid she would backslide. That's a term you can hear most anytime you walk into a Baptist church. Well, Father Mulligan told me he warn't allowed to talk about none of that, but that he did want Sarajean to have access to his services even if she was out in California. I told him I would see if Dorothy wanted to give him her sister's address out yonder. But when I talked to Dorothy she told me that even though she were happy Sarajean had got Catholic and all, she did not feel right to give out any information about her whereabouts.
She said that were strickly up to Sarajean herself.
Tomorrow: A Harper Bully

Hollis' book read in 2010:
Finnegan's Wake - I won't lie. I may never finish reading this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment