Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Friday, March 18, 2011

We Hear a Little of the Confession

I reckon we asked the wrong question of Sarajean. All we said was is you gonna be okay? Oh man, that girl broke down and started telling us things about her life as a hippy what I ain't gonna repeat. I will say she were married three times out there. Well I were married three times too, buried two of and one run off with that tent preacher, so I don't reckon I can hold that against her. Except she commenced to tell us about how she warn't too good a wife. Running around, taking drugs, drinking, and smoking ever thing except a turkey. Me and Dorothy just stared a one another not having no idea what to say. Finally I said to her, "You just gotta leave all that stuff behind you and start all over. We on your side. So is Father Mulligan. But what ever you do, don't tell nobody else around here if you want to stay in this county." I reckon I shouldn't have said that cause she started up crying again, louder and wetter than before. She finally calmed down and Dorothy brought in some of her pecan pie, all warmed up and topped with vanilla ice cream. Ain't no room for saddness when you eating pecan pie aller comode.
Tomorrow: Sarajean Is Approached by One of Them Jackson Boys

Hollis' book read in 2010 :
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - Size really doesn't matter (when you're writing fiction)

No comments:

Post a Comment