Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Sarajean Is Approached by One of Them Jackson Boys

Sarajean ain't never been what you call pretty, but she were always pleasant to look at and she had some kinda thing, what I call rays of the magnet, coming off her. You couldn't see 'em of course, but mens sure could feel 'em. Now, even if she is older, she must still have them rays because I been seeing mens watching her where ever she goes. In particular, Warren Henry Jackson. I were sitting in my truck waiting for her to come out of the drug store the other day and noticed Warren Henry standing around outside the door of that establishment. I told y'all I were real good at noticing things. Well, when Sarajean come out Warren Henry walked right up to her and started talking to her. She looked like she might be warming up to him. I been hearing about him and a whole bunch of womens all his life. I just got out of my truck and walked up to them, took Sarajean by the arm, and brung to her seat in my truck. It were kinda like when my dog gets in heat and I gotta be there to break things up. And you know what? She thanked me and asked me not to tell Dorothy nothing about it. I said I just come over to help you with you package; a bottle of aspirin can get mighty heavy some days.
Tomorrow: Sarajean Gets Called Back to California

Hollis' book read in 2010:
The Girl Who Played with Fire - Always carry a cigarette case. You never know when you may need to
                                                     dig yourself out of a shallow grave.

No comments:

Post a Comment