Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Saturday, March 26, 2011

A Special Weekend in Harper

Spring is really here in Harper. I'm sitting hear looking out on the lake and enjoying all the wonderful things what God has give us. The wisteria is ablooming big time and the leaves is most nearly all out on the trees. It's a wonderful world of green and blue, sprinkled with reds, whites, purples, yellows, pinks, and several other colors which may have there own names; but I don't know those names to tell you. What really makes this weekend special is they is having a class reunion down in McComb, a town right down the road from Harper. It's for the classes of 1955 and 1956. My cousin from Atlanta come by and picked me up and taken me down to meet and greet all the folks what showed up. They come from all over, as far off as Texas and Florida. I hadn't met most of them since I were out working or fighting in Korea when most of them was growing up. Besides we Harper folks mostly stayed right in Harper. We didn't have no reason to venture out for the most part. But I want to tell you how good ever body were to me. They treated me like I was one of their group even though I'm a lot older. I reckon when you get to a certain age in life, old is old no matter how many years you hook on to it. Y'all know how I told y'all I'm real good at noticing things. Well I noticed a lot this week end and over the next few days I'm gonna tell y'all all about it.
Tomorrow: The Country Club Meeting

Hollis' book read in 2010:
Lord of the Flies - This little piggy should have stayed home

No comments:

Post a Comment