Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Friday, March 25, 2011

Bully Continues

Like I said Bully's story were different from that one about the ghost of past, present, and future. His ghosts were people he knowed. A old teacher what once brung him to justice in the stay-after-school class for more'n a month, a judge he once had to appear before for shooting bb's into a widow woman's windows, and a boy he once teased who had been in a car wreck (Bully had nothing to do with the wreck.) They all come hovering over him while he were tied to the tombstone and scaring him half to death, so he said. About three in the morning a angel who he didn't even know come and untied Bully and brushed her wings over his head giving him a good dusting of angel powder. She told him that since he had been coated with goodness, he couldn't never be bad no more. I reckon it taken, because he has really made something of his self. Now I know this is hard to believe, but I swear there is as much truth in what I'm telling as there are in all the stuff I been saying to y'all all along.
Tomorrow: A Special Sunday in Harper

Hollis' book read in 2010:
Lolita - Mr. HH sings "Thank Heaven for Little Girls"

1 comment:

  1. Of course I believe it. It sounds as reasonable as everything else.

    ReplyDelete