Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Saturday, March 12, 2011

First Sign of Spring in Harper

For real, the first sign of spring in Harper come a few weeks ago, but now it's breaking out all over the place. Little green leaves is pushing their way out of the tree branches and all kinds of flowers are in bloom. The bees and other flying insects is ever where and the whole lake seems to be alive again. Fish is jumping around like they know it's time to show off again. And my old dog, Maxine, can't seem to get enough of outdoor living. You know they say in the spring a young man's fancy turns to thoughts of love.
Well an old man's thoughts get all sweet and light too. I done something I ain't done in years. I called up a girl and asked her to go with me to the picture show in Brookhaven. It were Dorothy.
Tomorrow: Good Movie??

Hollis' book read in 2010:
The Beautiful and the Damned - Being rich is damn hard

No comments:

Post a Comment